Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Victorian hair style-Estelle and Miss Havisham


  • I created Miss Havisham in her early years, in early Victorian era because it was easier to work with my model as she has short hair and I wanted to show Miss Havisham during her process of going crazy. 
  • I parted her hair in the middle into two sides and parted the back just behind the ears in the straight line from side to side. 
  • I seperated Chealsea`s hair sides into 2 sections - upper and lower one and both of the sections had 2 curls curled towards face. 
  • The back of the hair I made into a bun and platted a simple plat which I wrapped around the bun a bit lower as people would usually do because early victorian era was about simple short, low hairstyles.




I wanted Estella to be natural looking with long curled hair because that`s how she is shown in the film and book.
I really liked the idea and look of Estella in 1998 "Great Expectations" by Alfonso CuarĂ³n. Gwyneth Paltrow was chosen for Estella and I think it`s a perfect match as Gwyneth is so sophisticated and elegant, so calm, skinny and beautiful. That`s the idea of her personality I wanted to show. A very fragile from outside but strong from inside.
So, my final look for Estella this is what I chose


  • The front of the hair is parted on the side and pinned into the back of the hair in upwards direction. 
  • Sides sleeked back, pinned into the back of the hair as well and if there`s any long hair (as my model is basically shorthaired and I used extensions) curl it. 
  • The top of the hair is backcombed for some volume and falling down. 
  • The bottom of the hair (parts where I added extensions) was curled and pinned to the middle of the head so the sides could be clean and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment